The commitment should:
- Be concrete, feasible and able to be monitored;
- Contribute directly or indirectly to reducing drug abuse, particularly among young people;
- Not violate any law, not be contrary to EU fundamental principles (e.g. respect for human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, solidarity, the rule of law, and human rights) and not be libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening or have the effect of causing a reasonable person to perceive a threat to his or her safety.
Upon signing the European Action on Drugs, you will receive a personalised kit containing the following:
- A European Action on Drugs Certificate detailing your commitment;
- A European Action on Drugs Plaque in recognition of your support for the charter;
- A CD-ROM containing the European Action on Drugs logo and graphics.
The application form will assist you in defining your pledge and the areas and objectives for your actions. Finally, the pledge should outline key measures on how to achieve the target.